Monday, September 20, 2010

Porch Projects: Objects to Paint

Here are a couple of other painting projects I've been working on on-and-off:



In the foreground are outlet covers and switch plates that I bought for super cheap ($0.10 each) at the salvage. They are just plain plastic, so to dress them up I'm painting them with the same oil-rubbed bronze Rustoleum I used for the ceiling fan makeover. A lot of ou covers are either missing or ugly, so this is my inexpensive fix.

In the background are our future medicine cabinets. These are also salvage finds; at $5 each, they were far cheaper than buying new ones (identical new ones would cost $60 each). However, they were in pretty sad shape, so I've been gluing, priming, and painting these as well. Ultimately, I think they will look better than newly bought ones, because the paint color will coordinate with the rest of the bathroom.

I guess the moral of this story is that cheap often takes work, but sometimes it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment