We had a lot of guests over the Thanksgiving holiday, so I had to get the windows of the sleeping porches covered in an attractive manner. Previously, these windows had been unattractively covered with cheap, dirty plastic mini blinds.
I found a project tutorial on the Internet about turning such cheap, dirty plastic mini blinds into lovely fabric shades, so I set to work.
After a whole day's work, I finished up with this:
Making these shades was not super easy, but I was able use materials I already had for a cheap fix to my problem. I may remake the shades in the future with some better fabric (I just used an old white sheet here), but for a temporary solution these shades work well. Thanks, Little Green Notebook, for the great project instructions!