Wednesday, May 11, 2011

OMG, CRAZIEST project EVER (so far): Part 1

Some of you may be familiar with this paragon of beauty:



For those who haven't been playing along at home, I'll fill you in. This is the light fixture that was in our foyer/entryway when we bought The Ear. Its 70's-80's, Western-lodge aesthetics, plus missing glass globes and glare-y light weren't really doing it for us. When we moved in last April, I felt sure that its days were numbered. However, I totally underestimated my ability to become focused on other projects and overestimated my ability to be decisive about purchasing a new fixture. So a year later, this "chandelier" is still with us.

Until recently, that is. A few weeks ago Mr. MJ and I were up in Baltimore for some art shows, and we stopped into Second Chance salvage superstore on a whim. We found these lovely ceiling fixtures by Rejuvenation (normally beyond the budget) on super sale, and I got to work coating their brushed brass bases with my trusty Rustoleum paint (saver of ceiling fans, plastic switch plates, etc. etc.).



My willingness to wait for the right thing at the right price paid off...a year later. So where is the craziness, you may be wondering? Well, ask and it shall be given, starting with Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment