Yesterday was such a whirlwind day of work that I failed to write a post! So here is a round up of Day 5, late.
We started work tearing down the wall blocking the windows in the front of the house.
Though ugly, it was a well built wall, with plenty of framing support and sharp corners created with the metal trim (which is really hard to rip off).
We got one window uncovered, only to discover that it had been painted over. Oh well, more work to do later.
We scraped off a little view hole. Here is a peek at my future view.
We also discovered some more old, loose radiator pipes in the ceiling. These things are heavy!
By the end of the day, we had totally uncovered the front brick wall of the house. Trash bag count is at 20. Tomorrow we open up the space under the stairs and clean up odds & ends.