Yesterday afternoon, after the replacement stove was delivered, I started in on some more finishing touches. We decided to hang some shelves and pot rails near the sink and stove to keep pots and soap and dishtowels handy. I knew I would need some major hardware to accomplish this task (along with some major drill skills -- one wall we wanted to hang on is brick under the plaster).
I decided to use the kind of anchors (self-drilling nylons ones) I uncovered when I took down the previous shelves.
Here's an in-progress shot. This is the brick wall -- super tough!
Here's the finished product: shelves for pots, hooks for skillets.
And more hooks directly opposite, behind the sink.
But here's the big news: tonight, we are cooking with gas!
Cross your fingers & toes for us; we aim to have this project wrapped up by the end of the weekend, just in time for Chinese New Year.